Monday, February 14, 2011

Just a night out photo gig. not.

Through my internet connections, I got invited to a novel event featuring an online radio show, plus other performers. I had not been out for several months, due to various issues. Getting a last minute message on Twitter made me decide to go.

I am a photographer, and do my best to integrate with the staff and performers.
Once the show begins, I am a stalker. Any location, any angle, no posing.
Once I feel the performers are comfortable with me, I move in. The closer the better.

On this evening there were several targets. The customers, performers, and venue. A couple of imported drafts reduce the inhibition, and then the mindset tunes in. Keep moving, upstairs, downstairs, outside. Use the camera as your mutual conduit.

The photo shoot included a variety of social entertainment.
Radio show star, sidekick, musicians, dancing girls, and the interactive audience.
Almost everyone had a personal electronic device and were Tweeting and using Facebook during the entire event. This is a new chapter in social gathering.


No comments:

Post a Comment