Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dave Thomas is rolling over in his grave.

The Wendy's Classic. A burger you could always count on for qualities beyond the Whopper or Big Mac. I get this snazzy direct mail piece to try the NEW Hot and Juicy burger for free (with purchase of small fries and drink). 


I haven't had a burger out in weeks, but wanted to give it a try. Drive thru, nah, eat in. I placed my order and got what looked to be fresh squeezed lemonade. My tray was set with the drink and fries, which upon sampling were not up to par. After apologies for the delay on the burger, I asked for fresh fries, which I got from the same batch as the first fries. The lemonade turned out to be a mix, with slices thrown in to fool you.


Now wondering why I got eat in, I sat by myself in the restaurant to overhear the Haitian chatter in the kitchen.


Having already dished the drink and fries, I move on to the main course. The Big n' Juicy.  Well It is was a letdown. The texture of the meat was different to increase the size of the patty. The toppings were ok, but the characteristic flavor was gone. I don't know if it was missing mustard or what.


Dave, the corporate minions have done you wrong, and I think it will be the end of Wendy's before long.


ADG 

3 comments:

  1. Fast food is so disgusting. I feel your indigestion. Had some promo burger at BK while driving the other night, it was revolting, like eating an envelope of onion soup mix with some fakey bacon on it. Brutal. Plus I ate the fries, which I try to never do. Doubly Disgusting. Three things I can stand: 1) TAco Bell bean burrito 2) BK Whopper Jr. 3) Mcdonald's cheeseburger (single, not the double).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have faith in Wendy. No more. And the new designer burgers i can do without.
    what i used to like was the hardee's huskee.
    i am back to eating from the fridge now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have since given Wendy's a second chance. I understood that they had made the burger thicker, because you used to see thru the old ones. AndW it American Beef, not whatever. Change is hard, but sometimes necessary to meet market demand. Meanwhile, I did have a Whopper Jr. yesterday, the first BK fix in six months.

    ReplyDelete